Friday, October 9, 2015

Open Water - 8/31 Days of Halloween

Hey guys, here's the deal.  I'm probably not going to be finishing 31 Days of Halloween.  I certainly won't be if I commit to reviewing movies I've never seen before.  I will try to do some, and if possible I'll post a bunch of reviews of movies I know well but haven't reviewed before.  But I've decided to apply to law school and that means I need to go into LSAT prep mode.  But here's my review of Open Water, since I watched it last night.


This movie is about an annoying couple who get stranded in the open ocean with sharks.  I really can't overstate their annoyingness though.  They're a petty, angry couple who seem to be having no fun on their vacation because they can't escape the stress... this is before they're stranded.


Some of the scares are good.  I'm intensely afraid of sharks, so it was easy to scare me with this one.  But this movie also hasn't aged well, with intense handheld close-ups and dramatic musical interludes that just scream 2000s in the worst possible way.  This really kept me from being afraid most of the time, and my fear should've been a shoe-in, because I get scared thinking about sharks when I'm in a hot tub.


Overall a dull movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment